- Full-time continuation
- Opportunity to contribute to the research, education and administration efforts of the discipline of town planning at the School of Architecture, Design and Town Planning
- Academic level B / C Base salary $ 110,856 – $ 156,579 + 17% retirement pension
About the opportunity
Our school of architecture, design and planning has a wide range of research interests and a vibrant and supportive culture. In 2020, we launched our current strategic plan which reflects our commitment to social justice, student-centered programs, multidisciplinarity, professional staff development, and engagement with industry and community.
Click here for more information about our school.
Our discipline of urban planning is concerned with the design, characteristics and processes of urban planning and the policy and planning solutions proposed to create better cities. We take an integrated and multidisciplinary approach to the theory, policies and design of how we create and shape cities. We have strong research concentrations in the areas of housing, smart cities and place. Our academics teach in undergraduate and postgraduate programs in town planning, urban and regional planning, and urban design.
Your main responsibilities as a Senior Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in Urban Planning will be:
- coordinate and teach units through the suite of town planning programs
- make an exceptional research contribution to urban studies
- contribute to the governance of the discipline, School and University.
We are looking for a Senior Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in Urban Planning who own :
- a full doctorate in town planning, urban design or a related research area
- demonstrated teaching and research experience in one or more of the following areas: urban design, urban economics, urban spatial analysis or international urban development
- the potential to secure competitive research funding (at speaker level) and evidence of grant submissions (at keynote speaker level)
- proof of excellence in teaching through face-to-face, virtual and hybrid forms.
Please indicate in your cover letter the level of the post for which you wish to apply (level B or C) and the reason why you are best suited for this level.
Closing date for applications
11:59 p.m., February 17, 2022
How to register
Please click here to apply
© Sydney University