Prince Andrew “knew his sexual abuse accuser had been trafficked”, New York court says

Prince Andrew’s fate could be decided imminently, as recently released court documents claim he knew his accuser had been trafficked.

Prince Andrew is still awaiting a decision on his request to have Virginia Giuffre’s civil sexual assault lawsuit against him dismissed in court.

Last Tuesday, New York judge Lewis Kaplan said he would rule “very soon” on whether Ms Giuffre can pursue her civil case, and is assessing whether a settlement agreement between Epstein and Ms Giuffre offers Andrew a protection against legal proceedings, The sun reports.

It has also been reported that Prince Andrew’s attorneys may “call Maxwell’s victim to defend herself in an effort to prove that accuser Virginia Roberts was not a victim.”

Prince Andrew denies all the allegations made against him and says he does not recall meeting Ms Giuffre.

The lawsuit was filed in New York under the Child Victims Act, which allows survivors of childhood sexual abuse to seek justice years after the normal timeframe.

Lawyers for the Duke of York are trying to get the case dismissed on the grounds of legal technicality, after the royal was hit with nearly $ 3 million in legal and public relations bills.

Prince Andrew “knew his sexual abuse accuser had been trafficked”

The Duke under fire knew his sexual abuse accuser had been trafficked to him, according to recently released court documents.

A hearing on the Duke’s motion to dismiss Virginia Giuffre’s civil case was held in New York City last week.

In a transcript, Royal Family lawyer Andrew Brettler told the judge: “She maintains Prince Andrew was aware that she was being trafficked.”

He added: “She claims that she has been trafficked to different categories of people, including royalty, academics and business people.

“These individuals would be part of the same company.

“It wasn’t like she was claiming this was a secret trafficking arrangement.”

Her team says Ms. Giuffre, now 38, signed a legal agreement in 2009 agreeing not to press charges against the co-conspirators of pedophile Jeffrey Epstein.

The Duke of York, 62, denies all claims against him.

This article originally appeared in The Sun and has been reprinted with permission

Read related topics:Prince Andrew

.

Leave a Comment