Six revelations from Prince Andrew’s summit – from ‘furious’ William to Queen’s cash offer

In a week that has seen Prince Andrew completely removed from official royal life after being told he faces a civil trial, the summit with the Queen would have been far from straightforward.

Video loading

Video unavailable

Prince Andrew stripped of his military titles and royal patronages

Prince Andrew has been shaken after another disastrous week that saw him stripped of his military titles and royal patronages less than 24 hours after being told she faced a civil trial.

The move means Andrew has been removed from official royal life completely and now faces his future as an ordinary citizen.

The scandal-hit Duke of York was told he would no longer use the title HRH in any official capacity by the Queen on Thursday.

It was another blow after it was discovered the day before that New York Judge Lewis Kaplan had ruled that Andrew should face a civil trial over allegations that he sexually abused Virginia Giuffre when she was 17. year. He denies the charges.

Ms Giuffre, 38, who claims Andrew had sex with her three times when she was just 17, has lived in Australia since 2002.







On Wednesday, Andrew was told he faces a civil trial over allegations he sexually abused Virginia Giuffre
(

Picture:

REX/Shutterstock)







The next morning he was summoned by the Queen to Windsor Castle.
(

Picture:

AFP via Getty Images)

Sign up for the Mirror’s daily newsletter to get all the latest news on the Queen, Charles, Kate, Wills, Meghan, Harry and the rest of The Firm. Click here to register.

He was summoned to meet his mother and broke the news, but it was not a decision made solely by Her Majesty.

After hours of deliberation with other senior cabinet members, a 90-minute meeting marked the end of public royal life.

But the summit would not have been easy, his lawyer having remained in the parking lot and the prince stunned by the result.

Here are the six key revelations from Windsor Castle as it was decided ‘the ax should fall quickly’ on Andrew’s royal career.

The role of “furious” William







Prince William is said to be ‘angry’ at his uncle for discrediting the royal family
(

Picture:

Getty Images)

Prince William has been ‘incandescent’ about how his uncle behaved throughout the legal saga.

On Wednesday, the Queen ruthlessly made up her mind and she received help in coming to her conclusion.

The Mirror understands that the furious duke is angry with his uncle for bringing the royal family into disrepute.

A source said: “The Prince of Wales and the Duke of Cambridge are in complete agreement that the Duke of York presided over a complete and utter disaster.”

It is believed detailed discussions within the family had been going on for weeks and William was aware action was needed.

Andrew ‘shocked’ by his decision







Sources say Andrew had no idea what was to come on Thursday
(

Picture:

Getty Images)

Andrew didn’t see the decision coming and a source described him as “shocked” by the move.

The ruthless call came less than 24 hours after New York Judge Lewis Kaplan ruled Andrew should face a civil trial. He denies the charges.

The source said he was stunned and added: “Given the firmness with which Judge Kaplan received our arguments, we are not surprised by the decision.

“However, this was not a judgment on the merits of Ms. Giuffre’s allegations. The Duke will continue to defend himself against these allegations.

The Queen told Andrew face to face







The Queen reportedly announced the news in person
(

Picture:

Getty Images)

The Queen is said to have broken the decision face to face with her second son Andrew.

In a private audience, the monarch told her son that he would no longer be known as His Royal Highness ‘in any capacity’ – and that he would be left to conduct his trial as private citizen.

The stone-faced Duke of York was driven a few miles from his home, Royal Lodge, to Windsor Castle on Thursday morning to sit with his mother for 90 minutes.

She informed him of the decision and an official announcement was made a few hours later.

Andrew ‘tried to bring a lawyer’ to the top







The Duke of York did not want to enter alone, reports say
(

Picture:

POOL/AFP via Getty Images)

Prince Andrew tried to bring his personal lawyer to the top, sources say.

He was driven to Windsor Castle by his brief Gary Bloxsome, but was soon told he would not be allowed to enter with him.

Instead, he waited outside in the car, reports the Daily Mail.

Mr Bloxsome’s involvement may indicate that Andrew had taken legal advice before facing his mother.

Queen’s “financial lifeline”







The queen did not make a sudden decision
(

Picture:

Getty Images)

Prince Andrew fears financial ruin amid the ongoing sex affair.

Rising legal bills and a potential £10million settlement with his accuser have left him counting the cost of being banned from the Royal Family.

But the Queen gave her son a lifeline.

She won’t pay any legal bills, but sources have confirmed Andrew won’t lose his security details.

The Queen would privately pay the cost of his £300,000 protection if he were left penniless.

The discussions “lasted for hours”

The Queen and Prince William spoke at length in her private quarters before the decision was made.

A royal source said last night the Duke of Cambridge had been in talks ‘for over an hour’ with his grandmother.

William, 39, is said to have ensured that no stone was left unturned.

Prince Charles also played a role in the summit. He spoke to the Queen by phone from Scotland, where he currently lives.

Andrew and the Queen spoke for over 90 minutes, it was claimed, as she dropped the bombshell.

Read more

Read more

.

Leave a Comment