SUBWAYState-of-the-art technology company and popular internet search engine, Google has announced a 2021 scholarship for women who want to pursue a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
Things to know:
- Called The Generation Google Scholarship, it was started to help female students earn degrees in computer science and make a mark in the field of technology.
- The scholarship will be awarded to students based on the strength of each candidate’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, innovation, and academic achievement.
- Those selected will receive $ 1,000 in the amount of Rs 74,760 for the 2022-2023 academic year.
- The application deadline is 11:59 pm IST on Friday, December 10, 2021.
Who can apply?
- Students must be currently enrolled as full-time students in a bachelor’s degree for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Students applying for this scholarship must be in their second year of study at an accredited university in an Asian country upon completion of the scholarship program.
- Students must be pursuing a degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related technical field.
- Students applying for the scholarship must demonstrate a solid academic record.
- Having exemplary leadership qualities and a passion for improving the representation of underrepresented groups in computer science and technology is an added quality.
- When completing the application form, students will need to fill in their general background information (for example, contact information and details about their current and planned colleges).
- Curriculum vitae highlighting technical projects and involvement in community engagement should be uploaded.
- Academic transcripts from your current (and previous, if applicable) institutions are also required to be uploaded.
- Students will need to complete their answers to two short answer essay questions.
- Following the application form, shortlisted students will be required to attend a 15-minute “meet and greet” session.
- An invitation to the Google Online Challenge will be sent five to seven days after the application deadline (December 10, 2021).
- Click here to access the application form.
Keep in mind: Each answer to the next two questions must be written in English and in 400 words or less.
1) What is a major challenge that you think women face in the tech industry and how do you see yourself as part of the solution (s) to this challenge? Be aware that impact can occur in many ways and on different scales.
2) What impact would receiving this scholarship have on your education? Describe any circumstances that affect your need for a scholarship and what educational goals this scholarship will allow you to achieve.
Keep in mind: For students who may not be eligible for this particular scholarship, they can click here and visit Google’s Student Careers page to find an alternative program or opportunity.
For any other questions you may have, you can send an email to: email@example.com.
(Edited by Yoshita Rao)